Planning any campaign soon? Make sure to use Ocean Scan app, to upload observations in real-time directly from your phone.
Ocean Scan mobile app is designed to simplify the process of data collection. It also guides you in registering all the relevant metadata so that are aligned with the remote sensing standards.
- Register via website
- Download the app. Please notice that the app will be available for Android and iOS from June 2022. Register in Ocean Scan to get notified when the app will be publicly available.
- Log in using the website credentials.
- Set up your phone following the instructions in the next section.
- Select the campaign where you would like to add the observations
- View all existing observations and access and edit your own
- Add a picture, by uploading it from your gallery or taking it directly with the phone
- When the picture is uploaded, the app will automatically retrieve GPS location, date and time stamp. You can also adjust the information manually, if needed.
- Add information about your observation. Based on the “visual inspection” field selected, different information will be required
- Add information about the type of material you can see in the observation
- Select from the UNEP material classification the type of material and add details about the composition of the observation: is it mostly plastic or it also include other type of materials? In which % approximately? You can add as many information as you want.
- Add extra notes that can help to better describe the observation; Save. Congratulations! Now your observation is registered and accessible (only by you for now) also from the Ocean Scan website. Until the final submission, you can always edit the observation, also via mobile app.